Popular Posts

Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 13th 2010 Push Pull Meet

Well things didnt go as planned. It pisses me off a bit but like they say we learn 10 fold from any failure more then we do from success and I havent missed a DL PR in over 3 years. It was time and was very humbling. Its time to get back at it I need to be bigger, faster and stronger and that time begins NOW.

Bench went OK hip was hurting on set up and In was internally rotatetd due to the hip and that heal touched the bench which was a red light. but easy so I made another jump to an easy 365 they had one of the spotter grab my foot and crank my leg out to the side. It hurt like a son of a bitch but I made the lift harder then it should have been due to the pain in the hip which went straight up my back and seized my lower back but i got it. I denied the third to try and heal up for pulling./ got some work done and felt ok Opened with a stupid easy 700 that felt like 495 and went for my planned jump to 750. In hind sight with the injury I should have done my usual and went for a 5 lb PR of 730 and smoked it for a 2nd but all indications from training had me smoking 750 and then going for more. It was'nt there and its my fault. I got in my own head wasnt in the right mind set let my head get to me, Rushed it got out of position and I think do to the injury I wasnt able to grind on the lift. Ive never given up on a DL especially one that came off the floor this easy but I knew it wasnt there I couldnt pull on it. It got a bit in front of me and my back yesterday just I wasnt able to grind it out.

None the less great progress. 700 now is easy and I know I have more in me. its just back to the work table to get stronger faster and bigger. and above all healthy so I can express the strenght I have

I want to thank everyone, my training partner, friend etc for all the support. I will not disappoint

Man watching the video the morning after thats the easiest start of a heavy DL that I have mssed and wasnt able to grind out. Next time. Thanks to JR and the RIP team for another Great meet




No comments:

Post a Comment