Popular Posts

Monday, March 1, 2010

My first Highland games

I did pretty damn good for my first games aside from breaking a thumb and toe on the second throw.My thumb is nice and swollen, it ended up only effecting the last two events the stone throws couldnt get the thumb on them. We will see today how it effects bench. The toe only really effected the weights for distance trying to drive off that foot. It was actually a reinjury of the same spot I have broken several times and aggravated last weekend

I still got 2nd in one maybe two events which was great for my first time out and since they didn’t put me in the novice class and jumped me right to a strong class of fellas in the B class who have been doing it a few years at the least. But that was good with me and hind sight where I belong and with some training should excel in.

I will do more games, its addicting and I look damn sexy in a kilt. My next one is in May in Presscott

Heavy hammer 67'11'
light hammer 81' something.

56lb WOB 12' missed 13' had height but didn't get it Back enough.

I think 20'3" heavy weight can't recall light weight.

34 I think open stone. Can't recall braemar.

Caber didn't do well loaded it fine technique was crap. Only 3 people turned it. I think thts it lol.

Time to actually practice this stuff now and do more of these

No comments:

Post a Comment