Popular Posts

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Squat 11.7.09

Squat 11.7.08

Sometimes training kicks us in the gut, knocks us down, and piss us off. It is those that turn that event and emotion into fuel and use it against itself to better their situation that make progress and succeed. Training isn't always a bowl of cherries. It's about what you consistently make out of what your served day to day that tastes so sweet.

Yhea today pretty much licked balls, But I took what was there today and did what I was capable and maybe a bit more. The use of knee wraps to help my knees heal has helped (that’s the positive they felt perfect today) but they in ways have made me weaker. I have hit 575 with them and prior 545 without. Today everything was heavy as hell only on the lower body hips down. 455 was feeling like max effort which SUCKS it should be candy I was doing 465 for 5 triples a few weeks ago. It could also be the whole back half of me is worn out and beat to hell from all the 700lb plus pulling

Anyway onward and upward I have a bit over three months to get the strength back and think a lot will come quickly just getting used to not squatting with the wraps again I know I have been pushing things hard in them its just a matter of learning to express that strength without them

-Squat with double over orange bands paused on box for a second
This was roughly 250lbs of tension at the top as it was lifting 125 lbs DB’s
Bar x 3 x 3
95 x 3 x 2
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
205 x 1 x 2
225 x 1 x 2
245 x 1
These were hard but good had to fight the whole way and my weakness is not getting out of the hole but a few inches up

Squat
315 x 1 , 3
365 x 1
405 x 1 x 2
455 x 1 x 3

Squat with double over orange bands not paused
225 x 1
225 x 5 x 5

Few GHR’s



No comments:

Post a Comment