Popular Posts

Saturday, January 30, 2010

DL day Jan 30th. 2010

DL day Jan 30th. 2010
Using straps today Got a nice gash in the palm I have to let heal up, just want to work to something kind heavy out of rack and get healed for the meet in two weeks.

135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 2
405 x 1
495 x 1
585 x 1
615 x 1
Very easy

Below Knee (pr = 775)
585 x 1
675 x 1
725 x 1
765 x 1
785 x 1 PR!
That was a cheap PR and very easy even with a very fatigued back from last week, I hadn’t went fro a PR at this level in about a year. Felt good

Speed DL
Some weight x a few


High Pulls
225 x 5

Throwing practice.
Ill be doing this stuff for two weeks straight after the power meet to get a break from the heavy loads a bit and get ready for my first highland meet but wanted to try some stuff today

Hammer
About 10 throws

Weight over bar
About 10

Fun stuff I can see this as being very addictive. I can also see how dead lifting heavy prior to throwing is not conducive to big throws thought I did pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. What do you use in the way of practice throwing implements Phil?

    By the way, I've been ploughing through every episode of Iron Radio and loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, This particular time I borrowed a weight and hammer that someone had made I need to get some implements myself. I have the stones of course those are easy need to get weights and such

    Thanks for the feedback if you ever have show suggestions dont hesitate

    ReplyDelete