Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Squat Dec 29th

Dec 29th 09
Squat

Tired lil beat down but wanted to get the work in prior to leaving tomorrow for 6 days

This is going to be a bit weird for a bit. I am going to be working anything that doesn’t hurt the hip and slowly work my way deeper trying to get a new stance left leg pointed out more and wider, try and go lower each week but what ever doesn’t hurt the hip to the point of having bone pain that keeps me up at night, more rep work and work my rear end more and less rest

Anderson squat pin #8 wide stance few inches above parallel
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 1
455 x 1
495 x 1
These were harder then they should be but felt OK. My hips have not worked like that in a long time the closer stance didn’t use them as much and is why In have these honkin ass quads now but they cause the hip to bind. Im hoping nice slow work back into these will fix that we will see. I think after a bit I will have to throw some front squatting in again or narrow stance squats at a reasonable load to keep the quad strength up for the DL

20” box squat
315 x 10 x 3 2 minutes rest
These were easy cheesy but that was the plan I will now slowly lower the box and keep the reps and load the same then add load as I can if there are no bad hip reactions

Sled sprints 30 yards
90lbs x 5 sets 1 minutes rest
These were a bit sore on the hips not horrible I will up the sets then the distance slowly

Reverse hyper 3 sets

Left leg press downs 3 sets

Abs 3 sets

That’s it nothing special at all but going to ease back in. Next session will be a heavy DL session in Kansas with one of our sponsored athletes Sam Cox. It will be my last heavy pull from the floor prior to the meet Ill go as high as I can and feels easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment