Popular Posts

Friday, July 16, 2010

Highland time again

Well I'm packing and headed to my first A Class games I am admit-tingly not prepared. This is the worst i have been prepared for any competition I have ever taken part in in any sport. I spent to much time in the weight room and not enough throwing I lost nearly 25 lbs I had shit sleep etc etc etc. I'm stronger in some respects in the gym, except DL mainly due to the glute injury but that will come back, just made no progress on the field and actually think I lost some from no practice.

But no excuses, any fault in my preparation was mine. I'm going to go out do my best and get humbled which will be good for me and light my fire to get my ass out and do this sport right.

I have a rough plan now in place. I am going to break my training up in small chunks for a bit and see how that goes. and move around the days I do squat and DL so i am not shot for my main throwing day. I haven't trained like this in a LONG time so who knows might be fun and with the ability to go in and just get 30-45 minutes of work or less I should be able to make more time to get some throwing practice in here and there.

I am also going to do my best to stay OUT of the damn heat. eat more and attack my weaknesses classic old ones like my weak ass triceps and biceps which I need now more than ever since I am throwing and my HUGE weakness I was made aware of last week or my rotational strength. Its shit compared to my strength on a lateral plane.

should be fun everyone have a great weekend. I'm going to put my kilt on tilt a few glasses and go throw shit as far and hard as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment