Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SKWATTT

another OK day training at DCF

skwat day wanted to test and see what the squat was like to depth to see if I want to do it in the meet on the non existent hip. worked to 455 x 2 it was super easy was using a very narrow oly stance felt weird but easy and a bit painful. Aching more now a few hours removed. Ill gauge pain over 24 hours and see if its even worth it

Box jumps
some x a few

Test squat see what it feels like
bar x a few x some
135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3 x 2
275 x 2
315 x 2
365 x 2
405 x 1
455 x 1
455 x 2
these were to depth well on one side like usual Id get a red light from the judge on my left the side with the bad hip. It bind up bone on bone just above parallel so i drop the right side to dept and come up. Good thing you only need two whites LOL


Box Squat
405 x 10
455 x 10
these went good with some nice motivational yells from my wife and the others there


power snatch
95 x 2 x 2
115 x 1 x 2
135 x 1 x 2
155 x 1
165 x 1 x 5
these were caught standing up. need to practice more of these get that explosion hard to be explosive aftere high reps squats LOL

Farmers per hand
225 x 50 x 1
275 x 50 x 2

thats it took forever testing the squat looking for stance etc that hurt the least

body weight up 6 lbs in two days !!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Phil, just a comment on the Squat thing, I used to stand with my feet just outside shoulder width and found it hard to get right down at comp's at times so now I go quite wide(westsideish, then work at keeping knee to ankle as vertical as possible I start pushing my butt back an sinking under control. when I get to the bottom I then squeeze real hard with my butt to force myself back up. Also have my toes pointed out more than usual. Have found that I hit depth a lot easier and have more power on the way up. I lift in the IPF and you know how anal they can be on depth. Don't know if this will help you but hey if nobody say's anything you can't try it. Just my 2 cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for sure I am well aware of that problem is I cant In used to be able to go a bit wider but never wide due to the rebuilt pelvic structure that was shattered in 16 places and put back together like a blind man building a puzzle with a few pieces missing. Now since there is zero cartilage left in that side on the back of the cup its even worse. the much narrower than even prior is the only way i can get near parallel before its bone on bone and the sharp pains go up my spine.

    I do agree however for a PLer in general they should go a bit wider not as wide as equipped lifter but try and get the lower leg as perpendicular to the ground as possible. Thats what I teach all my lifters, those rules just dont apply to me cause I am no longer quite human LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback though good catch!

    ReplyDelete