Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

squat training

Box Squat
Me x some
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 2
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1
405 x 5
Trying to hit this fast and get out all were easy except the 545 which wasn’t hard I just shifted way onto my toes when the hip hurt which slowed it down. Im really tired of this hip thing

Arm supported Safety squat bar squat
335 x 10
425 x 10 x 3 sets
I think I finally found something that will help me stop all the damn leg mass and strength loss. This allows me to get a lot more knee flexion without the hip flexion as I can keep the torso even more than upright and bend more at the knee. I got to find soemthign its hard pushing the squat and leg training at all when squatting to depth leave me sleepless for two weeks due to bone on bone hip grinding. I may just have to go under the knife.
I am going to do more of this stuff to hit the legs but minizmize the beating on my core and low back as I am pushing the deadlift so hard. Might have to lower this day even more Ill see how this effects pulling Saturday


step ups
245 x 5 right leg easy left leg couldn’t even think about doing it so dropped load
155lbs x 5 x 5 sets I could do this with the left leg going to keep these up and try and push the loads

suitcase hold
225 x 20 seconds x 3sets
I hate these but like the resulting strength in the midsection. I have lost some strength here to from not doing these but that’s will come back

Ab work and back extension on GHR
1 set
Not bad in and out body weight holding steady even with all the crap im piling in my face. At least all pressing moves are going up and hopefully deadlift. I’ll make this last run at a PLing meet and that may be my retirement from that sport for a while as I take on highland games full bore. Lower the time in the gym to just maintain strength as I am already strong enough for the most part and get out and just throw a LOT more. It doesn’t kill the injuries I have as much when I'm not pushing those loads.

Its getting mentally taxing on me to have to stop my squatting at low to mid 500’s just fucking sad. I just expect more out of my self and hard to impossible to push yourself hard in pain or expecting pain even if its not there

No comments:

Post a Comment