Popular Posts

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Left Leg Haiku

I don’t remember why or how this came up but somehow during the training session yesterday and or usual hard work interspersed with hilarious jokes and laughing. Charles challenged me to write a Haiku about my pitiful left leg I constantly am working and trying to make work, that ends up being the brunt of our Jokes at some point twice a week as I work Legs and inevitably try and bring up the pitiful strength and neural damage it has.

To get an understanding of the jokes you must realize I am a 550+ squatter and a700lb+ deadlifter yet I have nearly no strength in my left leg due to an accident that tore it nearly completely off my body as a child. The pelvic was shattered in 16 places, main artery severed and really only thing holding it on was some connective tissue of the ham string and skin. So I have been trying to work it twice a week, give just it extra work and am making slow but steady progress. Its both Neural (just getting the leg to fire what it has) and strength.

What started this was a few months back at John Godina’s I tried to get on a 45 degree hack squat with no weight added and just do bodyweight ( well les then body weight as it was a 45 degree hack squat) and could rep out all day long with the right leg but there was NO chance of budging it with the left leg and this was after just back squatting 545lbs. LOL. I then went o the BNB and was doing step ups to a small 14 inch box and it was all I had to get 5 solid reps, where as I could jump and go all day with the left. Everyone was appalled and of course being our way the jokes began. it’s a running joke now that once I can do 3 sets of ten step ups Ill be a 800-900lb squatter as I am essentially squatting 550lbs on one leg right now LOL

Anyway Charles here it is, My Left left Haiku with a bit of a yoda undertone.

No comments:

Post a Comment