Popular Posts

Friday, July 10, 2009

4 Things That Piss Me Off!

I’m not one to get pissed off easily, and definitely not one to write about being pissed. I try and make everything I write about as focused on the positive as I can. Yes, I’m intense when it comes to training and life in general, but intense doesn’t automatically mean pissed or angry. All in all I am pretty laid back and understanding. If someone wants to do something stupid, so be it, it's their life to screw up. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to let stuff get to you constantly. If I let everything that I don’t agree with piss me off then I’d be in a perpetual enraged state 24 hours a day and not get a thing of my own done due to constantly being worried about what others are doing.

That said, being pissed at times is natural; it happens, and should happen. If you're never pissed, then much like hate and love, you aren’t living. Pissed goes hand in hand with happiness; you have to have one to get the other, to know what the other is. Or maybe your living in some kind of emotionless bubble created by new age pharmaceuticals.

So, I’ve just for some reason been thinking about being pissed of late. What does piss me off? What makes me shake my head and say, what the hell are you thinking? I started to compile a nice long list of things like goalless people, vegans, midgets, horses, and…. Laughingly none of that really pisses me off. I may not agree with some of those things in totality ( I’ll let you all figure out which ones those are) but that’s OK, they don’t piss me off. In reality my list is pretty short. I narrowed it down to the following four, and who knows, maybe these will change...

#1 Above all, the thing that is going to get me pissed is something that affects those I care about in a negative way. I couldn't really care less what the hell you do with your life. Again its your life to live and ruin. Go do whatever the hell you want as long as it has no effect on those I care about and choose to share my oxygen on this earth with, or myself. You do something to disrupt them or me, then ya, I'll be pissed!

#2 This one really gets to me as well. I can ignore it a lot but then you get those that just won't leave it alone and won't shut up. People that bitch and moan about their lack of “something", and then don’t do a damn thing to fix it. Usually they are blaming their lack of something, or the reason they have something they don’t desire on someone else. I don’t care what you have or don't have be it money, strength, a job. You have no one to blame but yourself. The only thing you really have control of over in this life is you. If you don’t have something or don’t like something you do have or that is happening to you, ACT! Fix it! Don’t sit there on your ass thinking your pissing and moaning about it is going to fix it! Or more so, don't ask me to help you fix it if you don’t want to show some initiative first to put your own lazy ass in action.

#3 I suppose this kind of goes hand in hand or is part of the one above, but it's my list and I am going to give it its own due attention. Spineless people. Weak willed people who wont stand up for what they believe in. They have harsh opinions until they are questioned on them, or made to back them up and then they back down crawling away crying or will change their tune. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Bullshit. Quit being a pussy and stand up for yourself. I don’t care if we agree or disagree that happens and is always will. I may be perfect but that doesn’t mean everyone is blessed enough to realize it, and I can't blame them for that... LOL! Just please know your opinions and stand up for them. Don’t fold at the first sign of opposition no matter who it is. You hopefully took years to form strong educated opinions, don’t fold in seconds. Oddly enough these are usually the same people that seem to be the most pissed all the time and the most to blab and waste our time about trying to push their personal agenda on others. Yhea they piss me off.


#4 People that ask for advice, for my time, but they really deep down don’t want my opinion. People that ask for help but what they really want is me to tell them what they already believe is right. They just want to be assured so they can feel all warm and fuzzy in what they already believe is right.

Don’t waste my time. I am going to tell you what I believe, and what I know works from real world experience for the problem that you're asking about. If you don't want that, then don't ask! And for damn sure don’t get pissed at me for telling you what I believe. Your the one that asked. If you know what you want me to tell you, save me the time and tell me what you want to hear. I may just laughingly do it and get a kick out of it even if its completely asinine, just out of respect for you being so upfront and not wasting my time like so many others.

Better yet, if you want and believe something you already now is right, then damn it, believe it! Put it to action and make it happen; don’t look for reassurance. You don’t and shouldn’t need reassurance from me or anyone. If you do your questioning yourself and the actions you're about to attempt, you’ve already lost. By asking for outside validation you’ve already failed before you even started.

The mind is a powerful tool. So ask me questions, I LOVE to help people. I even feel I have a lot to share, but don’t waste my time if you don’t want to hear what I have to say. You don't have to use it, but don’t reject it as wrong because its not what your preconceived notion was that you wanted to hear, or without ever personally trying it.

In this I set out to make a short list of the most prevalent things that come to my mind that piss me off, and that’s what I came up with. I think they are solid, and NO I’m not asking for your permission, or reassurance to that fact. I am just laying these out there as I think it’s healthy to do this from time to time. It’s much the same as stepping back and evaluating any of your own opinions, be it what pisses you off, training and nutrition, or general life issues. Take those opinions and things you know to be fact and prior to turning the scope of them on others, turn the scope inward on yourself. From time to time look at yourself, who you are, and your actions from an outside point of view to make sure you aren’t, yourself, doing something that would turn you red mad or cause you to go against what you believe is true or progressive. Sometimes you just might be - we all screw up. By checking yourself, you can give yourself a smack and straighten yourself out before someone else rightly has to. So what pisses you off? More importantly, do you piss you off?


Originally Published On Staley Training .com

No comments:

Post a Comment