Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mobility work in Pool

Swimming pool mobility work and such

I am having fun with this and think it will help.

It really smoked the left hip but I get out feeling good. just lots of glute work, body weight explosive squat jumps in the pool and trying to go wider and get depth or lower and since it's not full body weight the pain on the hip is very minimal discomfort. Also doing various upper body motions just o aid recover and shoulder health and it being 3000 degrees out its a nice way to get outside in the sun and not melt.

I had to do it and found a goal to aim for which will keep me going back. If I dont have a gola with things I dont tend to stick to them even if they make me feel better I have to have soemthing tangible to reach for. Thats why I always quit such mobility and recovery work.

So my aim is to be able to stand on the first step of the pool and squat down in a bit wider then shoulder width stance and be able to touch my butt to the second step. Right now I can get about 3 inches away from it before I am bound up tight like a spring pulling my self down.

That will be a good goal for me and very low, once I get that I can set a new goal

No comments:

Post a Comment