Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fruit! The cure for what ails me??

I have been back in a lot of pain of late. Joints very inflamed from previous injury and current hard and heavy training. It's a dialy thing and honestly soemthing someone with my past just has to deal with on some level but over the past month it has gotten bad.

Fruit Possibly???

I was pondering my joint pain and stiffness thinking What the hell did I change from weeks ago that has me in such a bad way now? The only thing I came up with is fruit. I was eating literally 8-10 servings a day, several whole pineapple a week ( which Travis Gordon then reminded me has high levels of Bromelain an aggressive Protease. Protease being needed to handle inflammation naturally) mango, apples and strawberries by the bushel to name a few. Then I just stopped for no particular reason at all. Looking back it was about that time I got inflamed as hell.

I am upping my fruit in take drastically again NOW! I'm Headed to the market to become a fruit junkie once again. We'll see what comes of it and I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Papaya has a digestive enzyme in it also. Might want to add that in to your fruit assault to aid in digesting it all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yhea for sure used to eat the hell out of it in Thailand as well daily, its oddly great when you put a lil cinnamon on it

    ReplyDelete