Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lift For Hope Explained

Just a short piece on Lift For Hope. http://www.lift4hope.org







Photo Form this Article:

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/021008/lei_245553919.shtml

My mother was always my greatest supporter in all that I did. Pushed me to give, do my best, and always wanted me to take my talents and love to compete in strength sports. She was as well the most giving person in the world, always there to lend a hand, a smile, and what she could to those in need.

After her passing I finally pursued her words, signed my first entries, began competing in strength sports, both powerlifitng and strongman. As well I followed her advice to give in to my passion of working, and giving back, in the training and nutrition fields.

I have been fortunate enough to have found high success in my competitions, my work, and also I found her spirit. I found it in myself, in those I work with and for, in those I compete side by side with and against.

In these people, those committed to strength sports, you find; Strong, large, visually imposing and very driven men and women. Men and women who know how to commit to a goal, to give their all, and reach past the boundaries imposed on them by others. However you also find the kindest, most giving, and honest people on this planet. Like my mother, they, we are, the first to lend a hand, to give advice, and to be strong, secure role models to others.

With this I started Lift For Hope in the summer of 2008, originally as a memorial strongman event in the memory of my mother with proceeds going to a youth charitable organization. I continue this today, through lift for hope coupling strenght sports with youth Charitable organizations. My aim being to take what I've gained, who I've met, befriended, worked and competed with in strength sports, and couple them with great charitable organizations. Bringing hope, awareness, and funds to both worthwhile and often overlooked causes in well planned, fun and family friendly strength sporting events. Lifting for Hope.







Photo from this article http://www.cjonline.com/stories/012108/hea_238553321.shtml

For more info please go to the website. View the past event and the coming events. Make a donation if you can or simply help spread the word, every little bit helps.

www.lift4hope.org

Sincerley,

Phil Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment