Popular Posts

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Typical Day of Event Fund Raising

I just got back from what is a typical day of event fund raising for this years Lift For Hope. It never fails each and ever time I set out for a day of hitting the streets or making endless phone calls to raise funds and awareness I end each day with a greater appreciation for those who organize and host events, or better yet work every day raising funds for NPO's etc.. It is a labor of love of sorts.

Today, again is typical of most every day. I left the house at 10am after getting things organized, emails shot out at work, phone calls made etc. I made a short drive tin the already 90+ degree Phoenix air and hit the streets a running. In the end I was out 4.5 hours, and visit just about 100 businesses in large shopping centers.

What did I get for my efforts?















- One swollen foot due to already jacked up broken toes I limped on for the 4.5 hours from place to place.

- one beauty of an advancement on my farmers tan.

- More excellent practice at my PR and smiling skills and comfort talking to any one from the front counter girl to the CEO of a business

- an endless thirst from waddling my portly behind around in the hot Arizona Summer heat

- and honestly enjoyment as its not all that bad and if I didn't enjoy throwing these things putting on great athletic events and raising money for great causes I wouldn't do it. I cant complain it was my choice and I love making these things happen

As for the direct response from Businesses visited
:














-1 Gift Package from the Starbucks at Gilbert and Chandler heights. 4 coffee mugs, 1 box with a pound of coffee and truffles and a box full of sentimental cards. A BIG thank you to the store manager Cara Sridharan for the donation. Please if you are in the area stop in and thank them its 4970 s Gilbert Road Chandler Az.

- 2 Chili's Gift Certificates, and an invite to come back and get more each of the 4 months leading up to the event

- 7 yes 7 Gift Certificates for meals at Rubio's

- 6 coupons for Red Lobster

- 3 free sandwich or Salad Coupons for Paradise Bakery

- a promise from the Olive Garden and Denny's for some gift certs as well as Basha's and some contacts for other cools stuff

-and lastly a $30 Gift cert for lunch or dinner at Streets of New York.



















So All in all some more great stuff for the current Raffles both the nation wide raffle and the local $5 food raffle, and the raffle at the event.

Please help spread the word. If you can donate your self AWESOME I have some cool stuff lined up. Id also love to start geting some athletes signs up its 4 months out lets make this a hell of a show, I have a few who are going to do an Iron man and do both the Highlander and the Deadlift event and a few who are doing each as stand alones. I am going to be meeting with a gentleman who is going to help me get some great attractions for the kids, volunteers, etc

Spread the word to anyone who can help, it is greatly appreciated and for a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment